WARRANTY and MAINTENANCE
Bourgeat Cookware Warranty
From the date of purchase, MATFER BOURGEAT guarantees to repair or replace any item found defective in material, workmanship or construction under normal use and following care instructions. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse. As with any metal manufactured product, minor imperfections and slight color variations are normal. Completed Warranty Registration Form must be on file with MATFER BOURGEAT. MATFER BOURGEAT reserves the right to inspect any item claimed against warranty, user to pay freight to return product.
Use and Care Instructions for Nonstick and Stainless Cookware
MATFER BOURGEAT nonstick cookware is manufactured with a state-of-the-art coating process. It is designed to last the lifetime of the pan under normal use.
- NEVER use metal utensils in the pan.
- Nonstick cookware is not meant to be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Nonstick cookware should be hand washed in hot soapy water using a mild houshold detergent.
- NEVER use scouring pads, steel wool, bleach or any abrasive cleaner such as oven cleaners.
- Salt usage may cause pitting in the stainless cookware interior.
- To avoid salt damage, do not add salt to your food until the liquid begins to boil.
- Do not preheat an empty pan for more than one minute.
- Overheating can cause brown spots or blue stains.
- Food film left on the pan may cause discoloration and sticking.
- MATFER BOURGEAT stainless cookware is oven safe to 500ºF; nonstick cookware is oven safe to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Proper use of the cleaning product “Bar Keepers Friend” can be useful to remove stuck on food and discoloration.
- We highly recommend the use of Bourgeat Copper Cleaning Paste for all copper products.
Black Steel Frypan Seasoning
Before the first use – Place the frying pan under hot running water for a few minutes, to remove what remains of the protection layer, with a brush if necessary. Dry the frying pan, then fry in a portion of oil, slices of sprinkled potatoes, and large portion of salt for a few minutes. Discard contents, then briefly reheat frying pan with a little oil, remove from heat and wipe with paper.
After use – Wipe with paper or if necessary rinse under hot running water. Clean without dish washing liquid. Dry and re-grease lightly.
Pan and Blue steel Preparation
Do not use pans or new molds before under going preliminary treatment. Pans and molds must be warmed in a temperature of 230º F to allow a good hot cleaning with a cloth. After they have been cleaned with a cloth, they are put back in the oven, one of two times more, until the cloth has very little soil left. Then the pans or molds are greased with vegetable oil of quality and subjected to a temperature of 390 degrees F for two hours. You have to clean them a second time with a cloth, then grease them. Now they are ready for use. The greasing must be repeated before each use.
The blue steel molds are sensitive to dampness. Do not stock in a humid environment, such as a cold room. You must clean with a dry cloth. DO NOT use an abrasive sponge, it could damage the upper coat of metal, which would lose its properties. Washing is not recommended, however, if a wash is done, you have to dry and grease the molds or pans immediately according to the process described above.
NSF International is an accredited, third-party certification body that tests and certifies products to verify they meet these public health and safety standards. Products that meet these standards bear the NSF Mark, which is respected by consumers, manufacturers, retailers and regulatory agencies at the local, state, federal and international level.
The UL Mark on Listed motors assures inspectors and authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ’s) that the motor has been evaluated to globally recognized requirements for fire, electric shock and injury to persons. Manufacturers of end products know that UL Recognized component motors have been tested and evaluated to rigorous requirements for safety of rotating machinery designed to be factory installed.
This sign recognizes the quality allocated to the products by AFNOR in compliance with French and European technical standards and specifications. The NF marking guarantees that products purchased comply with regulatory requirements.